Saturday, February 22, 2014

Blog post #6 Personal Learning Networks

clay letters that spell PLN
PLN stands for personal learning networks. These are used by people everyday, sometimes without knowing what they are. Social media outlets are mostly what PLN's are made from. From Facebook to Twitter social media is the main source of how people communicate in the world today. These personal learning networks can help teachers by getting them in touch with other teachers that may know more about the subject one is trying to teach. To get the insight of many people to help with the learning process even as a teacher is priceless. The more people that are in a persons personal learning network the more valuable the personal learning network is. I think that it is great to have personal learning networks. Having the knowledge that I can contact someone that I am comfortable with and being able to pick their brains about subjects without actually having to sit down and do a long interview is great.

I had already started having a personal learning network before taking the EDM310 class, I just didn't know that's what I was doing. I have a twitter and a facebook account already set up. The more research that I have been doing and the more blogs I have read have contributed to me following more people on twitter and facebook. As time goes on I am sure that I will continue adding more and more people to my personal learning network.

2 comments:

  1. That is so true that most of us have started a PLN without even realizing it via Facebook, twitter, etc. Blogging is a great way to build your PLN, I believe it so because with the C4C we are having to do every week we are, again without realizing it, adding to our PLN. I am going to be using this specific blog account even when I finish EDM 310 to keep my PLN expanding. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have a name for what you have been doing!

    ReplyDelete