Monday, January 20, 2014

Blog Post One

There really hasn't been that much that I have heard about EDM310 other than I had heard that it takes a lot of work and time to complete up to expactations.

There are quite a few fears that I have about EDM310 and one of them has already happened to me. Even though I know that this post is late and that late work is not acceptable I will still post it as this was one of the fears that had. The fear is that I would not look at the work that was do and miss an assignment. After this post there will not be another late post from me. As for more of my fears, I fear that I won't be able to do what is expected of me and that I will fail the class.

There are some major differences between EDM310 and the rest of the classes I have taken up to this point. It has been a real shock to my system to not be told when things are due in class and instead have to fend for myself and make myself look up the due dates. I'm not saying that this is bad or that I don't like it. In fact it is very good practice for helping me not procrastinate. All of my other classes have the syllabus but also announce in class the due dates and times of classwork and homework.

The most difficult thing for me to do in this class will be to remind myself to keep checking on the times and dates that everything is due and try to be early and on time with everything. The experience that I have had with being late with this first blog post has taught me a valuable lesson "always be on time and keep track of what is going on. If I can learn this lesson and take heed to what it means I believe and can tackle this most difficult part of EDM310.

2 comments:

  1. Looking up the assignments and due dates online is another tough thing for me to do also. This class is truly like no other. I come to class and hear other students and Dr. Strange talk about assignments that I do not know about. This stresses me out the most. I am going to get myself in gear by keeping up with the checklist and I am sure you will too. http://millstyleredm310.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late
    "After this post there will not be another late post from me." Good. This is a practice week post.

    "... instead have to fend for myself …" That's how life works!

    Tyler suggested using the Checklist. An excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete