Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

I am John McPeek and as a child I was born and lived in Virginia because my parents were both Military. When my parents ended their time in the military we moved to Houston, Texas where we lived until I was 6 years old. When we left Houston we moved to Big Point, Mississippi where I lived out the rest of my childhood and my parents still live there today. As an adult I followed in my parents footsteps and joined the military where I was moved around quite frequently. My first duty station was at Ft. Sill, OK where I stayed for 4 years. During those 4 years I temporarily lived for 2 months in Haiti as well as a 7 month stint in Bosnia. When I reenlisted I chose a different place to go; I chose to go to Ft. Lewis, WA. I lived there for 4 more years and finished out my military career there before moving back to Big Point, Mississippi where I still reside today. As for some of my interests I enjoy camping, fishing, and playing video games. I enjoy watching sports on t.v. and spending time with my wife and children. Let me give a brief history on my family dynamics. I am a father of four girls and if that isn't enough I have 2 dogs that are girls as well. I have been married to my wife for 14 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. I have raised 3 of my girls to adulthood and have 2 beautiful grandsons to add to my family as well. My fourth daughter is in the 7th grade. I have decided at long length to enter the field of education because there have been teachers in my past that have had large influence in my life. As I said before I was in the Military and while I was there all I really enjoyed doing was teaching the other soldiers what I knew. When my career with the military was over and I got new jobs the only thing that brought me enjoyment from those was after I learned the job I wanted to teach others what I knew. This brought me to the realization that I would have more fun doing a job that revolved around teaching and educating. I attend USA because it is the nearest 4 year college to me and the one that has great ratings when it comes to the education department. One of my passions includes being a passionate fan of the Green Bay Packers Football Orginization.
Green Bay Packers Logo

No comments:

Post a Comment