Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blog Post #8 New Technology

New Technology is frightening to some of us but if we learn how to use it to our advantage then there will be no reason to be afraid of it. Since the beginning of EDM310 I have been trying to find out new ways that I can use technology when I become a teacher. My ambition is to teach History at the High School Level. I have kept this in mind when doing my research of ways to use technology to help me become a better instructor.

edtechteacher logo


The Center for Teaching History with Technology is a great place for me to start. This website has a lot of things that will be useful to me and many other history teachers. The setup to use this site is very easy, once you get to the page via the link I have provided everything is at your fingertips. The left side of the page has tabs with topics on them. The one that I suggest people use is the getting started tab as this will introduce you to the site and give reasons on why to use technology in the classroom. There is one tab in particular that I think is very interesting on this site and that is the new resource of the week tab. This section of the website gives a teacher a new resource to look at and see if they can incorporate it into their classroom. This website has tabs for lessons and activities, where it gives suggested lesson plans for certain areas of history, civics, economics, and geography. Other interesting features include presentations and discussions for the students to take part in, as well as giving some rubrics and assessments for the teacher.

For integration into my classroom I believe I would use this technology to better learn how to create projects for my students. Using this website would help me become a better teacher as there is a plethora of information on this website that would help. Using this website would enable me to become a teacher that uses 21st century technology to it's utmost potential.

1 comment:

  1. Some is plural. Did you find any other tools?

    This looks like a good find. I will explore further.

    ReplyDelete